The ICD-PX470 from Sony is a digital voice recorder with a built-in USB connection. It records in both linear PCM and MP3 formats and is suitable for capturing lectures, meetings, notes, and even live music. It requires no cable to communicate with your computer; simply plug the unit into an available USB port on your computer to move files back and forth.
The unit provides 4GB of built-in memory, but this is expandable via the microSD card slot. A calendar-search function renders finding your files a straightforward task. The audio quality of recording is served by a low-cut filter for eliminating extraneous noise and rumble, as well as Auto Voice Recording mode, an S-microphone system, and adjustable options for capturing stereo or mono sources at close range and at a distance. The included AAA battery enables the unit to last for up to 55 continuous hours. Sound Organizer software for Windows is also included.
- USB-Direct Connection for Quick File Transfer
- Transferring files to or from your computer is made conveniently possible with a USB-direct connection. Just plug the ICD-PX470 straight into a free USB port—no USB cable needed.
- Expand Your Memory with the microSD Card Slot
- The ICD-PX470 comes with 4GB of built-in memory, which gives you a max recording time of 59 hours and 35 minutes when recording stereo MP3s at 128 kbps. However, you can expand memory capacity with a microSD card for up to 32GB of additional memory, equivalent to over 536 hours of recording time (MP3 at 128 kbps).
- Calendar Search Finds the Right File Quickly
- Recordings are marked by date, so you can find which ones were made on a specific day. Bring up the calendar to browse through days and find the recording you're looking for.
- Low-Cut Filter Eliminates Unwanted Noise
- Filter out low-frequency background noises by engaging the low-cut filter. Sources of unwanted noise such as projectors, traffic, or wind can be filtered out of your recording, making voices clearer in the process.
- Transcription Playback Helps You Review Recordings
- Getting conversations down on paper is facilitated with the unit's transcription playback mode. Fast-forward and rewind through the track, or create cue points that help you find your place quickly. Digital Pitch Control even lets you slow down the playback speed so you can listen more closely to what's being said.
- S-Microphone System Captures Distant or Quiet Sounds
- You can record faint audio sources without capturing excessive background noise, thanks to the high-sensitivity, low-noise S-microphone.
- Record and Listen in Linear PCM or MP3 Formats
- Choose from two popular file formats when you record. Linear PCM files are larger but capture more detail, and thus, are suitable for recording music. MP3 files require less memory, making them more appropriate for recording long lectures or meetings. The ICD-PX470 will also play back MP3 and PCM files, so you can listen to your favorite songs in music-player mode.
- Auto Voice Recording Reduces Background Noise
- Want to record someone talking? Turn on Auto Voice Recording and the ICD-PX470 will tune its audio-capture settings for vocal frequencies. The result is a clearer recording with reduced background noise. When you listen back to the recording, on-board Clear Voice technology cleans up the signal for further clarity.
- Adjustable Microphone Range for Clearer Voices
- Adjustable microphone settings hone in on the sound you want to capture. When you're recording a single voice, Focus mode captures a narrow field of sound from one direction. When you're in meetings, the Wide-Stereo mode allows you to capture everyone in the room. Choose from four "scene" presets (music, meeting, interview, dictation) to further optimize the audio settings.
- Long Battery Life for Extended Recording
- When recording with the built-in mic at MP3 192 kbps, the supplied AAA battery will last for up to 55 hours.
Sony ICD-PX470 Stereo Digital Voice Recorder With Built-In USB Voice Recorder
- Brand: Sony
- Product Code: ICD-PX470
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: ₦26,000